Heat Wave

Today's post is going to be a little different. More me. I guess. Anyway.

There's been a heat wave going on here in Melbourne, and it ain't pretty. We're talking temperatures over 40℃ for four days straight (which is apparently the longest run of 40℃ days since 1908) and it is safe to say that no-one is enjoying it. Especially the tennis players participating in the Australian Open, including a Canadian player who apparently hallucinated that he saw Snoopy. Weird.

Out of concern for my health, and a complete unwillingness to experience the full extent of the heat, I've opted to stay inside this week, until Saturday when the heat wave ends (hallelujah). As a result, I've been marathoning American Horror Story to the point that I'll be up-to-date later today, and I'm not so sure that's a good thing. Mostly because I also really don't like cliffhangers.

Yesterday we battled through the heat by closing the blinds and cranking up the fans. It was... bareable, to say the least. Today, however, we have given in to the siren call of the aircon, so it's not that bad. Actually, no, it's great as long as I don't go outside. Which I don't see happening until the temperature drops. Thank god for airconditioners.

I hope you're all doing well, and not suffering too much if you're suffering through this heat wave too. But then again, a lot of people have it a lot worse than a four-day 40℃ plus heat wave. Perspective.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий