Tokyo Dumpling

When it comes to food, Japanese is by far my favourite. And no, I'm not talking about sushi. I'm talking ramen, gyoza, sukiyaki, yakiniku... I could go on all day, really. Maybe it's because of the relatively large Japanese population here, but I can safely say something that my hometown of Cairns does well is Japanese food. During my absence, a new place called Tokyo Dumpling has opened up shop, and I have to say, it's pretty amazing.

Their menu is quite small, offering a few Japanese staples such as curry rice, teriyaki chicken, ramen, and of course, gyoza (dumplings). I tried their tantan ramen, which is a Japanese variety of a Chinese dish with minced pork and a mildly spicy broth. Normally I'm a bit of Plain Jane when it comes to ramen, opting for salty chicken broth, but I definitely liked this a lot more than I expected. Gyoza are something I always have as a side, and these didn't disappoint in the slightest. Having said that, my all time favourite dumplings are made at another restaurant, Ganbaranba, which is actually right around the corner from this one.

Tokyo Dumpling was great, and I'd love to go back and try some of their other dishes in the future. I'd also recommend it to all of you if you're ever in the area!

Hope you're all having a lovely weekend!



Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий